During holiday season sale, merchants usually register between 20%-30% of their annual sales. Although it’s good for the overall growth of the business, it’s a huge pain in the neck to manage the operations during this period. As an eCommerce merchant, you will have to manage aggressive marketing strategy, organize packing and shipping, and track inventory during this time. Unless the entire process is perfectly planned and implemented, most probably you will face out-of-stock situations – resulting into loss of sales and profits. The best way to avoid this situation is to implement an effective inventory management system design.
Following are the steps to manage your inventory during holiday season:
1. Analyze the inventory: If you are already having an inventory sorting system in place, analyze it and see if that system will sustain well under the intense pressure that it will be subjected to during the holidays. Review the historical data and take a call. Also, make sure that you have enough storage space to store the extra inventory that you are ordering from suppliers in holiday season.
2. Streamline order fulfillment process: For order fulfillment, you need to keep track of your orders, inventory, packing and shipping process. When normally this process is time consuming, just imagine the amount of time it will take during holidays. So implement a flexible and scalable order management system that will help you quickly execute all the backend processes, including tracking of inventory, managing orders, and shipping orders. Although you might have to fork out some money for such system, it will be well worth the investment.
3. Label the inventory: If you have a wide range of products, it’s better to label it. When the products are labelled properly, it will become quite easy to depend on other person to help you pick, pack and ship orders. Also, this will help you avoid dispatching of in-correct products.
4. Invest in inventory tracking: In plain and simple language, poor inventory management costs money – money in lost sales and profits. Install a proper inventory management system, which will keep your products organized and make the execution of orders easy.
Do you need more help to manage your inventory? Contact us and we will help you.
A feature-rich eCommerce store is an ultimate dream for many businesses to boost their sales. Now even if they have one, managing such a store also becomes a challenge to such business ventures. True. This is why every internet marketer today wants to hire the best eCommerce services in the industry to rake in the moolah.
But just a perfect eCommerce store will not do wonders. Proper channeling of your products and services is also important to make them available to your niche audience. This is where online marketplaces come in the picture. It is a well-known fact that people always trust such big market places. They make it a point to recommend it to their friends and colleagues. This in return helps a business to expand its horizons by garnering more customers and thus open new avenues for them. And with Amazon, you can never go wrong. For sure.
We at Kaushalam, help our clients design and develop a feature-rich custom Amazon webstores for managing their eCommerce business. This would not only bring in the desired sales figures but will also keep your customers fully satisfied and makes them want to return for more and more purchases.
Whatever you want for your personalized Amazon eCommerce website, our experts are ready to design it accordingly with excellence in quality and innovative solutions. Our ultimate prerogative lies in giving our clients a modified and beautifully crafted Amazon webstore that is perfectly customized according to the needs of their business. And you won’t believe. All this is available to you at the most nominal prices in the market. Isn’t it interesting?
But to make you sure that you are in the right hands, we here give you an entire outlook as to why you should choose us for your Amazon webstore customization to get a competitive edge over others:
- Easy relocation of your products and services
- One of the most trusted brands in the eCommerce world to market your products
- Secure and robust shopping cart features
- Most recommended platform where numerous companies have placed their trust
- Enhanced and upgradable features which are a must for any eCommerce store
- Fully advanced SEO features that can place you on the top of all search engines
- Excellent themes that can attract your customers right away
Whatever your decision, it is you who will call the shots finally. If at all you have any queries, do not hesitate to call our experts to 888-828-9864 because your satisfaction is our priority.
Content marketing is the key to driving quality traffic to your eCommerce site in droves. However, any content won’t do. Content that’s entertaining enough helps. It could be in the form of articles, images or videos; the bottomline is they should be entertaining, so much so that visitor can’t stop himself from clicking your company link given at the end.
Following are the top 3 content marketing ideas for September 2014. Cash in on them by relating it to the products you sell.
1) Humorous Holidays:
The list of humorous holidays is long. This list given here is just the tip of the iceberg.
- Better Breakfast Day
- Honey Month
- National Peanut Day
- Hispanic Heritage Month
- National Cheeseburger Day
- Mayflower Day
eCommerce marketers can choose any of these days and write an article or post jokes that in some way could be related to the products they sell. Here are some presidential jokes that might help you set the ball rolling.
“When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer ‘present’ or ‘not guilty.” – Teddy Roosevelt
“If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it’s possible that I’m a little too awesome.” – Barack Obama
“My esteem in this country has gone up substantially. It is very nice now when people wave at me, they use all their fingers.” – Jimmy Carter
2) Curated Lists:
Not every blog post or article you publish should be unique or profound. Even a compelling content can do the trick.
In content marketing, a curated list is all about selecting content links or descriptions that stand out from the rest of the conventional content. It can be in the form of an article, a podcast segment, or a video published on your store site and in social media.
Check whether any of these topics suits your ecommerce business?
- The Ten Most Expensive Shoes in the World
- The 5 Deadliest D.I.Y. Projects Ever
- Video: 21 Ways to Tie Your Shoes
- 12 Interior Designs You Must Follow on Pinterest
3) Videos About Frequently Asked Questions:
Frequently Asked Questions are important from eCommerce sellers standpoint. Find them out – it can be of product or product categories – and make videos of the most important questions of them all.
Work on these proven strategies if you really interested to make a mark for yourself in this crowded eCommerce space. If you think you can add to this list, you are welcome to do so in the comment box given below.
If you have been reading ecommerce business guides and blogs, you will realize that each one of them are emphasizing on gathering data. Have you ever wondered why so? If so, read on.
Based on your users’ browsing and behavioral data, you can choose the best eCommerce web design. While choosing the template, you should try to find answers to the following questions from the data:
- Which is the best template to maximize conversion rate?
- Are there any navigation areas that need improvement?
- Is there any barrier in the website that stops them from completing transactions?
You can gather all the relevant data – including traffic, bounce rates and conversions – from analytics tools. If you wish to gather accurate users’ behavioral data, you can also use websites that actually puts your website in front of actual users and record their behavior.
For inventory, you definitely need data. Based on the past sales record, you will know which items will sell like hot cakes and which items will have long turnover period. You can even predict future trend on the basis of past sales data. If you are into selling seasonal products like umbrella or woolen coats, keeping an eye on weather data is also helpful.
With the help of data analytics, you can get a clear idea about how you should promote your products. You can track and analyze the time at which customers open your emails and complete sales transactions. Once you analyze this data, you can customize your promotions accordingly and improve the conversion ratio.
You have all the data that you may ever require to decide the right price of your products. Data regarding customers’ purchase history, location and demographics is quite powerful when it comes to pricing. In fact, many online retailers use shoppers’ locations to determine the best price. Take Staples (dot) com as an example. “Staples appeared to consider the person’s distance from a rival brick-and-mortar store, either OfficeMax or Office Depot If rival stores were within 20 miles or so, Staples (dot) com usually showed a discounted price,” reported The Wall Street Journal.
It’s quite necessary to create content that resonates with your audience, and for this, data again is helpful. Based on tracking metrics such as traffic, time spent on website, number of social shares and comments will give you insights about the type of content that your audience engages with.
Based on the data, you can see which devices and platforms are most commonly used by your visitors and you can optimize your website for the same. Through the analysis of the data, you can know:
- The percentage of transactions completed on desktop computers
- The most popular web browser
- The percentage of mobile users
- The percentage of Android and iOS users
On the basis of this data, you can even come up with effective applications to boost the conversion ratio.