Blogging is one of the quickest and smartest ways to indirectly market your products. Although it’s quite easy to do so, one needs to take lot of care while blogging so as to not to render it ineffective.
- Avoid long paragraphs: Don’t ever write an entire post in single paragraph. It definitely looks shabby and badly formated in the first glance. Better divide the content into various logical paragraphs for better presentation. If possible, liberally use diagrams and bullet points for quick and easy reading.
- Avoid selling: Agreed, the goal of business blogging is to sell the products. However, the key in here is to market the product indirectly. Your blog posts need to be informational rather than marketing one. If your readers feel that you are more concerned about selling your products rather than informing them about the facts, they won’t visit your blog posts. Better idea is to educate your readers about what they should look for into a particular product and build your credibility.
- Avoid non-reader friendly topics: If you are running a business blog, avoid blogging about your day to day activities and interests. Concentrate on your niche. If you really wish to blog about your personal life, starting up a separate personal blog is a better idea.
Blogging is a double-edged sword and hence it should be wielded with caution. If you are a novice when it comes to blogging, hire a content writer for effective blog posts.
For your online website, you have several options: you can either host it on popular platforms like Yahoo!, Amazon and eBay, or you can have your independent website or a store. If you are opting for the latter, you need to find a hosting platform on your own. So the next question arises is how to select the best hosting platform for your online store or website.
If you look in the market, you will find several options. However, before deciding on any hosting platform, you should consider the following factors:
- Server type: There are basically two types of server: shared one and a dedicated one. While selecting the server, you need to consider the ability of the server to scale over a period of time according to your changing needs and requirements. If you are thinking about going for the shared server, please consider the disc space, bandwith and possibility of installation of third-party web applications.
- Reliability: For any online ecommerce store, reliability is highly important. If your website is not performing properly, the shoppers are not going to wait around forever for you to fix the issues. Hence, it’s a smart thing to select the hosting platform that has least amount of problems.
- Online security: One of the most important factors of any online ecommerce platform is to maintain online security of the website/store as well as that of its customers. Most of the hosting platforms offer various packages to make your business safe and secure. Study these packages and compare them against your need.
Do you know about any other factors that should be considered while selecting the best hosting platform? If so, do comment below.
Mobile apps are in vogue and so are publishing apps. Do you want to cash in this trend? If so, it’s quite easy to do so with a proper thought-out plan. Following are the features of a successful mobile publishing app:
- Engaging: Any mobile app is created for a public use. Make sure that the app is engaging enough to hold the users’ attention and focus. It will be more interesting if it’s interactive. Also, the app should be easy to understand and navigate. The user friendliness of the app will directly relate to the success of the app.
- Analytical tools: Every publishing author wants to see the statistics about his/her readers. Apart from being user friendly, the app should be publisher friendly too by offering analytical tools.
- Notifications: For the regular users, there should be the facility of notifications to help readers keep track of their favorite stories and articles.
- Clean design: Ignore the use of flashy images in the mobile app as it definitely looks out of place when it comes to content.
- Sharing facility: Offer the readers the chance to share the articles they like with their friends. Keep the option to share to the stories and articles of their choice on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
The best way to create an effective mobile publishing app is by hiring experts. The process of doing it on your own would be quite time consuming, costly and error prone.
Apart from being sophisticated and delicate, tablets are quite expensive. Hence, it always pays to take extra care of your tablets. Now there are several ways you can protect your tablets. Some of those ways are mentioned below:
- Sleeves: Sleeves are the best way to increase the life of your tablets. You can find various types of sleeves in the market, from flexible to rigid, from heavy to lightweight. The new sleeves also offer protection against water. You can select the sleeve according to your needs and requirements.
- Hand straps: To make your tablet wearable, you can opt for open-faced hardshell case that comes with an integrated hand strap. You can also make your tablet drop- and water-resistant by opting for crushproof, foam-lined carry case with an air-pressure valve that keeps out dust and water. What’s more, you can choose a polyurethane or leather case with removable Bluetooth QWERTY keyboard and built-in stand in various colors.
- Wake from sleep: New genre of cases is available in the market that work as “on/off” switches too. Whenever you open the case, your iPad will get started due to the self-aligning magnetic cover. However, if you are using this case, you will need to buy a rear cover too. You can also opt for a sleep/wake-enabled case made from polycarbonate. Please note that you will need to keep magnetized covers away from other magnets.
- Funky ones: If you like to choose something special for your tablet, there are lot many quirky options for you. You can find fabric sleeves made from infamous Bernie Madoff’s pants to a hand-fabricated sleeve made from a retired library book to what not. If you like to splash, go for the one made from platinum, diamonds, gold and Tyrannosaurus rex bone.
Video blogging is the latest “in” thing in the world of ecommerce marketing, and if you are not already on that bandwagon, you need to join it. Pronto. Are you still thinking why? Consider the following factors:
- Easier to create: Contrary to the popular belief, creating a video about a topic is quite easy and fast. You just need to come up with an idea and run with it. You can experiment with various angles to the topic and see how it turns out. If you don’t like it, you can always scratch it out. You will anyway end up with a unique video that will help you attract traffic in hordes.
- More personal: Video blogs are way more personal than content-driven blogs. In videos, it’s quite easy to attract and engage your audience with your easy charm and open attitude. Also, it becomes quite easier for your audience to put a human face to your business, making it easier for them to relate to you and your products. If you are nervous about making your own video, you can use an employee who’s quite confident in front of a camera.
- Beat competition: Video blogging is in infancy stage and many businesses have yet to realize the full potential of this medium. You can be an early bird by getting on this bandwagon and making the most of it to beat your competition to pulp.
- Live demo: Rather than telling the customers about the products, show them how to use the products. Specifically, if you are selling electronic gadgets, videos will work better than descriptions.
- Sharing on social media channels: Sharing product videos on various social media platforms is quite easy. Moreover, if you share written content, there’s a good chance that your followers might not read it; however, with videos, there are three-fold chances that all your followers would watch it.