Of course you need to have a robust and powerful eCommerce platform if you are planning to compete with big boys. But that’s easier said than done, isn’t it? At the same time, it’s not as daunting as other eCommerce specialists would like you to believe. To put it simply, the entire decision depends on your business requirements and goals. Once you nail that down, you should scrutinize all types of eCommerce development. Including Amazon Webstore, Bigcommerce, eBay, Yahoo! and customized stores. Study all the features that can help you reach your goals and consider the functionalities that can facilitate your growth.
- State-of-the-art infrastructure: Amazon Webstore has the most powerful eCommerce infrastructure with cutting-edge features and functionalities.
- Highly popular: Amazon is very popular among shoppers. If your target audience is very large, it definitely makes sense to be on Amazon Webstore.
- Fully customizable: You can customize each element of your Amazon Web store without any problem. Right from layout to shopping cart. So it’s easy to set yourself apart from the competition.
- Limited features: When it comes to SEO customization and marketing tools, there’s lot of limitations. This in turn will impact your overall marketing strategy.
- Too many costs: You will need to pay all sorts of fees, starting from marketplace fees to transaction fees to fraud protection fees and payment processing fees.
- Poaching sales: The worst thing Amazon Store can do to you is poach your sales, and unfortunately, it does. It uses your data for business decisions and undercuts your sales.
- Easy to use: Bigcommerce is very easy to use. You can build a great-looking website quickly without much hassles.
- Customizable: Like Amazon Store, you can easily customize your website or store on Bigcommerce. Design templates, layout, shopping cart. Everything can be changed to suit you.
- Marketing tools: With Bigcommerce, you will get a range of tools and functionalities to help you improve your store’s ranking on various search engines. You will even get tools to sharpen your overall marketing strategy.
- Full support: You will get full support for processes such as shipping and payment. Bigcommerce can also make your web presence mobile-friendly.
- Time consuming: Although it’s easy to customize Bigcommerce, it takes lot of effort and time if you are looking for deeper customization.
- Limited bandwidth: The plans are affordable but they don’t offer much in terms of bandwidth. It’s quite limited and you will like face problems during the holiday seasons.
As I said earlier, there’s nothing absolutely right or wrong while selecting the eCommerce platform. Everything depends on your goals and priorities. If you are getting confused which platform to choose, contact Kaushalam. We have several years of expertise in helping various companies make the most of the technology. Our business consultants and product specialists will guide you to the perfect solution in no time.