Getting sales returns is quite a normal procedure for any business, and businesses definitely need to consider how they are going to handle those returns. If you are formulating such policies and procedures for your business, go through the following tips.
1. Never hide your policy: There’s definitely no need to hide your return policy. If it’s too hard to find or unclear, customers will not purchase the products from you. They need to be assured that you will be there for them if anything goes wrong with their purchase.
2. Restocking fees: Are you charging restocking fees? Make sure they are fair to your customers; always remember that these fees are never more than what is required to cover your expenses from the return, and the same should be informed to your customers.
3. Use return management applications: Whenever a customer needs to return their purchase, a return merchandise authorization number is issued to them to track the return and make sure that the customer is refunded. Instead of implementing manual procedure for this, use return management applications.
4. Keep the return process simple: The process shouldn’t be annoying and complex for the customers, otherwise you might lose them for life
5. Defective products: If you charge restocking fees normally, don’t do it for defective products because it achieves nothing but annoyance for the customers. It’s you who has sent the defective product and the customer shouldn’t be required to pay for it.
6. Abandon customers: Don’t ever forget to respond to customers who are unhap
7. No addition of inventory: Unless the product is defective, you need to re-enter the returned product into the inventory so that you can sell it again. Don’t forget to do that otherwise you might end up increasing your inventory shrinkage level.py with your products. That’s the worst thing you can do to them. Help them through the returns process and make sure that they receive their refunds. When you treat your customers well, they will return to you again for other purchases.
8. Reasons for returns: To reduce the ratio of sales return for the future, you need to keep track of the reasons for the returns. If the customer has returned the product for being defective, you have to make sure that you aren’t shipping defective products to your customers in the future. Making a mistake is okay but repeating the mistake is not.
Do you know more ways to enhance the return process? Share it with us today!