eCommerce business largely depends on images and videos. Why? Because there’s no other way for buyers to decide what the product looks like and if it’s the exact product they are looking for. If you are looking to promote your products, one of the best ways is to post pictures of your products on various networking websites, including Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter. As the future of your business hangs on quality of these images, you have to be doubly sure that these images are of top quality and compelling enough to convert browsers into store visitors, and store visitors into paying customers. And to develop enchanting images, you should go for Instagram.
Instagram is an online mobile photo-sharing, video-sharing and social networking platform that enables you to enhance pictures and videos through digital filters. You can then share them directly on various social networking services. The main reason behind the popularity of Instagram is how it offers you the ways to share your business products and events with your audience. It offers an ability to communicate the emotional appeal of your products directly to the target audience without messing up the message.
If you are looking for more reasons to use Instagram online, consider the following:
- Instagram’s photo-editing tools are great for visual marketing and creative branding
- Instagram has more than 200 million monthly users, making it a number one destination for businesses, including the eCommerce ones
- 60 million photos are shared daily on an average and 1.6 billion likes are garnered each day
- Brand pages on Facebook are on decline, forcing businesses to look for alternate ways of promoting
- Instagram doesn’t use any algorithm to decide what category of people will like to see your post, and so each of your posts will appear to all your followers
- Instagram has created a section for business use and it’s planning to launch an advertising platform soon
However, just being on Instagram isn’t enough. For maximum benefits, you should know how to use instagram for eCommerce business marketing. To make the most of Instagram, you should:
- Use relevant and short hashtags while posting images and videos
- Engage with others by liking and commenting on their pictures
- Tag appropriate locations of images and videos
- Use image-editing tools to make your images more visually appealing
Once you start employing all these tactics to build a strong brand, you need to measure the performance. To gauge the performance, you can use various tools such as Iconosquare. The will offer key metrics about account activity, including total number of likes received, most-liked photos, average number of likes and comments per photo, follower growth, and more advanced analytics.